December 28, 2012

Estonian Biocentre public data

The Estonian Biocentre (EBC) have put up all their free data in one convenient page. I have used most of these in my own experiments, and I must say that their public availability has been instrumental in enabling the type of "genome blogging" that I and others have engaged in over the last few years.

I have hitherto used some EBC data from GEO and some downloaded from the EBC site itself, so this is a good opportunity to rebuild all my datasets from a single source; as a bonus, the data has been lifted to build37/hg19, so I finally gave in and started to lift all my other datasets as well, using liftOver and the appropriate chain file.

1 comment:

Onur Dincer said...

The Estonian Biocentre (EBC) have put up all their free data in one convenient page. I have used most of these in my own experiments, and I must say that their public availability has been instrumental in enabling the type of "genome blogging" that I and others have engaged in over the last few years.

We should be thankful for that to Richard Villems and Mait Metspalu, the directors of the EBC, first and foremost. Their belief in open science is also reflected in their open and attentive attitude towards contributions and criticisms from amateur science enthusiasts.